Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Break Project

Today, Audrey and I embarked on a little project.  We headed to Hobby Lobby armed with a 40% off coupon.  We bought 1 foam ring, 1 roll of light green faux fur yarn, 1 pink ribbon (50% off), and some flower embellishments.  We walked out of the store with less than $10 invested and created this for the front door.  It was fairly easy (until the yarn knotted up).  I did find that there is a balance to wrapping the yarn...if you wrap it too tight, the fur won't poof out enough, but if you wrap too loose then you get lots of gaps where the foam shows through.  Play with it a few minutes to get the right tension.  Finally, we added the flowers with straight pins.  I want to add a "Think Spring" sign, but need to the get the Cricut out for that.  Until them, it hangs on the door welcoming all the visitors.

(I did see this originally on Pinterest...Lord knows I can't come up with these creative ideas on my own :-)

No comments: