Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who are the people in your neighborhood? In your neighborhood...

Remember that Sesame Street song? Last night at dinner Miss Audrey asked what a neighborhood was. We tried to explain that it is a group of houses that are on the same street/area. We told her where our neighborhood was, where g-ma and g-pa M's neighborhood was, and where g-ma and g-pa W's neighborhood was. Just to trick her, I asked her who do we know who DOESN'T live in a neighborhood (I was thinking Adam and Karen who live in the country). She thinks about it for a minute, looks up to the sky, and says, "God. He lives above us." We just about lost it in O'Charley's. After composing ourselves, we asked her if there is anyone on Earth she could think of that doesn't live near other houses. She got it right, "cause Karen and Adam live by no one."
I am just glad she is asking questions like "what is a neighborhood"? I have also noticed her using much larger vocabulary and sentence construction (can we get some refreshments? or my mom's viscous!). We're still trying to decide if we repeat kindgergarten, but I am not stressing about it.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hey Brenda,I read your blog and then went back and looked at your new stove. I think this is a great blog. I have several blogger blogs that I set up for my classes, which I am going to delete and change to a blog like this. I also have my Stepping Softly into Retirement blog on Wordpress.com, but I am very bad about posting to the blog. I think I will use my blogger blog for brief reviews of recent books I have read.
I think you are doing fine here. Keep it up.