Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Plague Upon Both Your Houses...ok, well just mine...

My sister started a blog (stieneckerfamily.blogspot.com) about their journey with adoption and their family. Well it inspired me to restart the one I made this summer. I don't even know if anyone will read it, but as a teacher of writing, I should write. Writing is like a muscle--if you don't exercise it, it becomes weak. So I am going to try to write and update as often as I can.
As far as the plague goes...it has hit the Mahaney house. Nathan started last Wednesday and is still hacking something awful. Audrey woke up Saturday with it, and she can't seem to shake it; however, he symptoms are running nose and extreme fatigue. Brian then woke up with it on Sunday and he still had an intermittent fever last night and said his tonsils were the size of golfballs (please God, if you're listening, don't let it be strep?? pretty please). Strep is my nemisis. It likes me..I hate it. I can catch it someone with it looks at me. However, throughout all of this, I have remained healthy. I think the whole incubation period is nature's way of making sure this is always someone to take care of the sick ones. I am eating lots of oranges and liberally applying hand sanitizer.
That's just the way life is right now.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I thought you couldn't eat oranges? Welcome to blogging :)